Choosing the right family health insurance plan begins with a real understanding of your health plan needs - both known
What you know about is the health condition of your family and their needs today. Things you need to consider include:
- Are your children young and do you have a pediatrician you know, trust and don't want to loose?
- Are you planning to have more children?
- Does anyone in your family have a serious medical condition?
Then you need to consider the unknown:
- If someone had an accident, how much could you afford to pay at one time to cover the medical expenses? Keep in mind that
expenses for something as common as a broken arm can exceed $5,000.
- If someone in your family came down with a serious medical condition, how much could you afford to pay out of your
pocket to cover those expenses.
All of these factors should be considered when you are selecting the right health insurance plan.