When will my group’s costs be finalized?
During the underwriting process, insurance companies factors such as age, location, and health of the employees for whom you are applying for coverage to determine your final rates. Using criteria such as number of enrollees and preexisting conditions, the insurance company will assess your group as a whole to arrive at a final monthly premium. It is important to note that lease note that regardless of whether you purchase a plan through a local insurance agent, Benepath, or directly from the insurance company, you will still pay the same monthly premium.
Group Insurance FAQS for Employers
- At what point do I have to decide on the percentage of the employer contribution?
- Can I make changes to a group health insurance plan that I’ve already purchased?
- Can I still get a quote even if I don’t have all the requested information about my employees?
- How are costs split between the employer and the employee?
- If I haven’t completed the application process yet, but I want to change my current plan, what should I do?
- Is there a reason I should change the employer contribution level?
- Is there any obligation for me to buy an insurance plan once I have applied?
- What is considered a qualifying event?
- When will my group’s costs be finalized?
- Why do I need to include the names of eligible employees who do not want insurance?