How do I choose the best group health insurance plan for my company?
At Benepath, we know that finding the best health insurance plan for your business can be complicated since there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all plan. Frequently, health insurance terminology can be overwhelming and intimidating, resulting in confusion about available options. Benepath is here to dispel any myths about health insurance and simply help you find the best health insurance for you, catered specifically to your needs and circumstances. We understand that the best plan for you and your company will be different than what might work for another company. Important pieces of information such as varied health care needs and financial constraints must all be considered. It is because we appreciate the diversity of our customers that we have created the following list of questions to help you and your employees find the perfect plan for your business.
- How frequently will medical services be utilized?
- Will coverage for items such as chiropractic care, dental, vision, maternity, or prescription drugs be a necessity for you or your employees?
- Is your main concern coverage in case of a major injury or illness or is coverage for preventive medicine more of a priority?
- How much of a monthly premium are you able to pay?
- Are you willing to pay an annual deductible before coverage begins in exchange for lower monthly premiums?
- How important is it to be able to see any doctor at your discretion?
- Are you willing to have all of your medial care coordinated through a primary care physician?
It is important to have an understanding of the health care needs and the financial constraints of your employees, because in doing so, you’ll be well-prepared to make smart choices about the health insurance plans offered in your area. For example, you may want to begin by selecting a plan that offers chiropractic benefits if the majority of your employees are involved in heavy lifting on the job, or maternity benefits for a large percentage of female employees. On the other hand, it is important that you do not choose a plan that has many benefits that do not apply to you and your employees, because each benefit adds to the cost of the monthly premium. Additionally, if you are looking at an HMO or PPO, it might be prudent to confirm that the doctor and/or hospital of your choice is on the provider list. Your health insurance advisor can walk you through this process step by step or just give you some expert advice to help you narrow down your options.
Small Business Health Insurance FAQs
- Am I eligible to enroll under a small business health insurance plan?
- Are there tax benefits that accompany buying group health insurance?
- Does my company qualify for group health insurance?
- How do I choose the best group health insurance plan for my company?
- How much of the employees’ premium is the employer required to pay?
- Is dental coverage automatically included?
- Should I only include employees who want insurance?
- The only two employees in our company are my spouse and me. How should this information be entered?
- What are the different kinds of group health insurance?
- What is a benefit rider?
- What is a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)?
- What is a multi-plan?
- What is a Point of Service (POS) plan?
- What is a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)?
- What is an Indemnity plan?
- What is the process for obtaining small business coverage?
- Why do you need to know my zip code?
- Why should I provide group health insurance to my employees?
- Will my final group health insurance costs be the same as the rates on my initial quote?