Are dental and vision benefits included in a short-term plan?
Coverage of dental and vision are not features included in a short-term health insurance plan. Dental and vision benefits are often available as benefit riders with an individual and family or group health insurance plan. Short-term health insurance coverage is temporary and focuses mainly on catastrophic events. As a result, features such as dental, vision, preventive care, physicals, and immunizations are not included.
Short Term Insurance FAQs
- Are dental and vision benefits included in a short-term plan?
- How do I know you are finding me the lowest premiums?
- How soon can my coverage start?
- Is there any obligation for me to buy an insurance plan once I have applied?
- Should I pay monthly or make a single payment up front?
- What happens when I reach the end of my coverage period?
- What if I get a standard, longer-term insurance policy at a future date?
- What if I only need coverage for less than 30 days?
- What if I only want to insure my children?
- What is short-term health insurance?
- When will I know if I qualify for short-term health insurance coverage?
- Why would I want coverage for a limited amount of time?
- Will my credit card still get charged if I don’t qualify for coverage?
- Will purchasing a short-term insurance plan make it harder for me to get coverage in the future for a pre-existing medical condition?