How soon can my coverage start?
Assuming the application and payment process goes smoothly, coverage for many short-term health insurance plans can start as soon as 24 hours after you submit your completed application. However, the only way to ensure fast processing is to make your first premium payment online with a credit card. While credit card billing is optional and you can obtain health insurance without using an online payment method, other forms of payment will take much longer to process. You can select a date up to 30 days in the future for the requested effective date of your health insurance plan.
Short Term Insurance FAQs
- Are dental and vision benefits included in a short-term plan?
- How do I know you are finding me the lowest premiums?
- How soon can my coverage start?
- Is there any obligation for me to buy an insurance plan once I have applied?
- Should I pay monthly or make a single payment up front?
- What happens when I reach the end of my coverage period?
- What if I get a standard, longer-term insurance policy at a future date?
- What if I only need coverage for less than 30 days?
- What if I only want to insure my children?
- What is short-term health insurance?
- When will I know if I qualify for short-term health insurance coverage?
- Why would I want coverage for a limited amount of time?
- Will my credit card still get charged if I don’t qualify for coverage?
- Will purchasing a short-term insurance plan make it harder for me to get coverage in the future for a pre-existing medical condition?