I lost my Medicare card. How can I get a replacement?
You may order a replacement card by clicking on the “Order Card” button on the Replacement Medicare Card tab (which is located on the My Account page). Your card should arrive within a four-week period. However, if you have already ordered a replacement card within the last 30 days, you will not be able to order another replacement.
If you would like one, you can also receive an entitlement letter. These letters usually arrive within two weeks of a completed, successful card replacement request.
Please note: a Medicare replacement card may only be mailed to the address listed in Social Security Administration files. Double-check your address before ordering a replacement card.
Medicare Supplement FAQs
- Can I choose my home health care provider?
- Does Medicare automatically add my medications to my drug list?
- Does Medicare cover medical equipment and preventive services?
- How can I order a duplicate Medicare Summary Notice?
- How do I make sure my health information is accurate and up-to-date?
- How will the Affordable Care Act change my Medicare coverage?
- I lost my Medicare card. How can I get a replacement?
- Is there a way for me to figure out my deductible status?
- My eligibility information is not correct. What do I do?
- What happens to my Medicare coverage if I have other insurance coverage?
- What is open season in terms of Medicare?
- What is premium-free Medicare Part A?