Does Medicare cover medical equipment and preventive services?
In general, yes. Medical equipment and preventive services are covered by Medicare Part B (you may know Medicare Part B by its other name, the Medical Insurance program). This Part covers medical equipment including the walkers, oxygen, wheelchairs and other medical equipment your doctor prescribes. Part B also takes care of medical services that diagnose and subsequently treat your medical conditions. These services must be medically necessary according to Medicare’s definition. Part B preventive services address health care that helps you stay well. These services may include flu shots or screening for various cancers.
Medicare Supplement FAQs
- Can I choose my home health care provider?
- Does Medicare automatically add my medications to my drug list?
- Does Medicare cover medical equipment and preventive services?
- How can I order a duplicate Medicare Summary Notice?
- How do I make sure my health information is accurate and up-to-date?
- How will the Affordable Care Act change my Medicare coverage?
- I lost my Medicare card. How can I get a replacement?
- Is there a way for me to figure out my deductible status?
- My eligibility information is not correct. What do I do?
- What happens to my Medicare coverage if I have other insurance coverage?
- What is open season in terms of Medicare?
- What is premium-free Medicare Part A?