What if I drop a class, graduate, or drop out of school altogether?
Your Student Select coverage will remain exactly the same as long as:
- You met the definition of an eligible student on the date the application was signed;
- You attended school full-time for 31 days after the policy effective date; and
- The premium is paid in full.
Once you have obtained the policy and continue to pay the premiums, Student Select is available to you for as long as necessary.
Student Health Insurance FAQs
- Am I only covered while school is in session?
- Are foreign exchange student eligible for coverage?
- Can I add my family members (spouse and dependents) to my policy?
- Do healthcare services for a student insurance plan need to be preauthorized?
- Do I have to wait until I am enrolled in classes to apply for a Student Select plan?
- How do I decide whether it is best to buy a Student Select plan or keep my child on my family plan?
- How many times can my student insurance plan be renewed?
- Is there any obligation for me to buy an insurance plan once I have applied?
- What happens if I transfer schools?
- What if I drop a class, graduate, or drop out of school altogether?
- What is a Student Insurance Plan?
- When does my coverage begin?
- Which doctors or hospitals does a student insurance plan allow me to visit?
- Who can purchase Student health insurance?
- Will I be covered when I go out of state?