When does my coverage begin?
The effective date of your plan depends on your method of payment. If you apply online and use a credit card, your coverage can begin as early as 24 hours later, provided that all other eligibility criteria have been met. If you apply by completing an application and mailing it along with a check payment, the earliest that your coverage will begin is the day after the postmark date, assuming you have met all other eligibility criteria.
You also have the option of selecting a coverage start date up to 60 days in the future with the exception of the 29th, 30th, or 31st of a month. Please note that although credit card payments are the fastest way to begin coverage, you may still obtain a Student Select plan without using that form of payment.
Student Health Insurance FAQs
- Am I only covered while school is in session?
- Are foreign exchange student eligible for coverage?
- Can I add my family members (spouse and dependents) to my policy?
- Do healthcare services for a student insurance plan need to be preauthorized?
- Do I have to wait until I am enrolled in classes to apply for a Student Select plan?
- How do I decide whether it is best to buy a Student Select plan or keep my child on my family plan?
- How many times can my student insurance plan be renewed?
- Is there any obligation for me to buy an insurance plan once I have applied?
- What happens if I transfer schools?
- What if I drop a class, graduate, or drop out of school altogether?
- What is a Student Insurance Plan?
- When does my coverage begin?
- Which doctors or hospitals does a student insurance plan allow me to visit?
- Who can purchase Student health insurance?
- Will I be covered when I go out of state?