Can I make changes to a group health insurance plan that I’ve already purchased?
Changes can only be made to plans on which you have not yet paid the first premium. Once you make your payment to the insurance company, alterations to your policy are only possible when your plan is up for renewal.
Group Insurance FAQS for Employers
- At what point do I have to decide on the percentage of the employer contribution?
- Can I make changes to a group health insurance plan that I’ve already purchased?
- Can I still get a quote even if I don’t have all the requested information about my employees?
- How are costs split between the employer and the employee?
- If I haven’t completed the application process yet, but I want to change my current plan, what should I do?
- Is there a reason I should change the employer contribution level?
- Is there any obligation for me to buy an insurance plan once I have applied?
- What is considered a qualifying event?
- When will my group’s costs be finalized?
- Why do I need to include the names of eligible employees who do not want insurance?