Call Toll Free:
888­.423.6437
IL Health Insurancee

From top carriers

Medicare offers a lot, but it has limitations

Although Medicare does offer beneficiaries a great deal, there are gaps in the coverage. In order to fill those gaps, seniors will have the opportunity to take advantage of Medicare supplement plans. While Medicare pays 80 percent of all medical costs, patients pay the other 20 percent. The 20 percent can easily be covered by supplemental Medicare plans. These plans can also cover all deductibles, co-insurance and co-payments associated with your Medicare coverage.

It is important to note that Medicare does not offer coverage for hearing, vision or dental. You would need additional coverage for those specific services.

Given that the whole process of getting enrolled in Medicare and choosing Medicare supplement plans is time-consuming, it is best that you make sure you do get enrolled on time. Waiting until the last minute to try and sort out what you need and what is best for your particular situation can cause undue stress and you stand the chance of ending up with something you did not want or need. Always ask a qualified health insurance agent for help if you are struggling with the process of getting enrolled. They are there to help you find what suits your needs and your budget.

Posted on Wednesday, October 31st, 2018. Filed under Medicare.

The skinny on Medicare

Medicare, the federal program, offers health insurance to adults 65-years-old and older. With this program, most people who paid Medicare taxes while working for at least 10 years, are automatically enrolled when they turn 65. If you have not worked for 10 years, then you could possibly be eligible for Medicare through your spouse.

Medicare offers health coverage for basic needs and breaks down into Parts A through Part D. Hospital insurance is Part A and means you are covered for stays in hospitals and for medically necessary needs while there. Part B handles outpatient needs, such as doctor visits. Part C, also known as Medicare Advantage, allows those enrolled to get all the benefits of Parts A and B (there are some limitations). Part D handles prescription drugs.

If you do not know what you need to suit your lifestyle, ask your health insurance agent or broker. They are trained to know every detail you could possibly want to know.

Posted on Tuesday, October 16th, 2018. Filed under Medicare.